How To Start Using Your Acorn Fund Savings!
If you or your child has completed their first semester of college and signed up for our Acorn Fund program, you can request funds to pay for the 2020 Summer Semester beginning April 1, 2020.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please be aware that college business offices may be closed and staff may be working from home. Most importantly, some colleges have designated a new address to send college payments which is different than what is currently on their website.
Our advice: Call the business office to confirm the mailing address before sending your college payment. Also, because Acorn Fund payments are delivered by FedEx, please let us know if your college only accepts FedEx deliveries on specific days and times.
Please note: Processing of payments at the college may take much longer than usual and if possible, send your payment in early. If you are requesting a distribution from your Acorn Fund and think your payment might not be delivered by the deadline, please call us.
If you are unable to call the business office directly, you may have to initiate a conversation with them by sending an email. You can find the business office email on the college website. These offices are sometimes called the Bursar’s Office, Office of Student Accounts, etc.
- Student's social security number.
- College office where you send your tuition payments. (ex. Bursar’s Office, Office of Student Accounts, etc.)
- College office street address.
- Student college account or student identification number.
We also have exciting news about the Distribution Request application! Applicants will notice a brand new look when they click on the application link, and all Acorn Fund graduates will have an opportunity to create their own application account and update their contact information when they request a distribution. Here is the link to the Distribution Request.
Please note the following deadlines and be sure to submit your application accordingly:
- Acorn Fund Distribution Request applications received by April 17, 2020 will be reviewed and forwarded for processing on April 20, 2020. We anticipate checks for this first group of distributions to be delivered on or before May 4, 2020.
- Acorn Fund Distribution Request applications received by May 8, 2020 will be reviewed and forwarded for processing on May 11, 2020. We anticipate checks for this second group of distributions to be delivered on or before May 25, 2020.
- If you need payment to the college before May 25, 2020, please contact us.
One last thing: withdrawing the money may reduce any financial aid you receive from other sources, so it may be in your best interest to actually wait until after freshman or sophomore years to request your funds. That’s totally up to you, but if you do receive other forms of financial aid that are tied to your family’s income, we’d recommend doing some research into how that aid could be affected.
If you have any questions, please call Joyce Elwell at 844-4FORMAN (436-7626), ext 102.