If you or your child has completed their first semester of college and signed up for our Acorn Fund program, you can request funds to pay for the Fall semester from July 21, 2018 to August 10, 2018. Distribution requests for Spring 2019 classes will be available in December, 2018.
Eligible account holders will be able to log in to our online account management system starting on July 21, 2018 to request their funds. You will need to have this information handy:
- Login and password used to enroll in the Acorn Fund.
- Your login is your email address. If you can not remember the email address used to open the account, email email@example.com or call the number below.
- If you do not remember your password, you can request a new password on the website directly under where you login by selecting the "Forgot Password" link. You will be sent an email with a link to change your password.
- Social security number.
- College office where you send your tuition payments. (ex. Bursar’s Office, Office of Student Accounts, etc.)
- College office street address.
- Student college account or student identification number.
To request funds, log into the Foundation's application portal using the email address and password that you used to enroll in the Acorn Fund. To the right of the Acorn Fund description select "Continue with Application" and select the student's Acorn Fund application. Click on the "Distribution Request" icon at the bottom of your dashboard, complete the information and submit.
We anticipate distributions will arrive at the college no later than August 24th. If you need payment to the college before August 24th, please contact us.
Once you complete the request, we’ll take care of the rest! The money will go directly to your college, and you’ll know it’s received when you see a credit in your account.
One last thing: withdrawing the money may reduce any financial aid you receive from other sources, so it may be in your best interest to actually wait until after freshman or sophomore years to request your funds. That’s totally up to you, but if you do receive other forms of financial aid that are tied to your family’s income, we’d recommend doing some research into how that aid could be affected.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us: (844) 4-FORMAN (436-7626). Or stop in to our new office located in the Fenwick Plaza at 205 E Broadway, Salem, NJ.