Grants for After School, Summer Programming and Early Childhood Initiatives
- New for 2019! Funding for students to attend Rowan Summer Music Camps, which engage students in full ensemble experiences, chamber music, and master classes, coupled with evening concerts by students and faculty.
- A grant to Stand up for Salem to support the continuation and expansion of Salem Youth Empowerment Services (YES), a program that will engage 25 students from grades 3-8 in educational and entrepreneurial activities during the summer and continuing into the school year.
- A grant to One Village Alliance for its full-day Around the World in a Summer program. Up to 30 Salem youth ages 6-13 will take a journey around the world, learning about different cultures through literature, math & money, arts & crafts, music & movement, and culinary arts.
- A grant to It's a Girl's World, a three-year commitment summer experience for middle school girls focusing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics). This two-week program will be held at Salem Community College with full costs for girls from Salem City, including transportation, paid through the grant.
- Full scholarships for high school students to attend the three-week residential STEAM Academy on the Rowan University campus this summer. (Learn more about the STEAM Academy here.)
Previous grants have been given to the United Way, Salem City School District, Rowan University, NYCE’S Outreach, and Young Entrepreneurs of Salem. The Foundation is committed to leveraging resources to support Salem’s youth. If you would like to learn more about our work, please call or email Kortney Swanson Davis at 844-4FORMAN (844-436-7626), ext 108; email@example.com. You may also stop by our office at 205 E. Broadway anytime as well.